What are we doing here?

 


So you found this blog.
That's a pretty good start. Now let's figure out why you are here.  I'm guessing you are in one of my middle school reading classes.  Or your that you have a student that is.  Maybe you are a new teacher desperately looking for ideas to get your year planned.  Whatever the reason, I'm glad you are here.

At least once a week I will post a review of what we've been doing in class.  Some weeks I'll have two or three posts, others it will only be the one.  There will also be guests posts from other English and Reading teachers throughout the year. I may even post bonus point opportunities in this space as well.

As students, this is a place where you can review what we've been discussing in class.  You are welcome, and encouraged, to comment on any post with your thoughts. Conversations are an important part of daily life and I welcome them here in this space. As always, I will request that you are open-minded as you read others' comments and respectful of all people and thoughts.

As parents, this is a great place to see what we are doing in the classroom.  As a mom myself, I know sometimes you feel you have no idea what they are doing at school.  Kids don't always share much with their parents. Reading this blog will help you understand what your student is working on, and also give great conversation starters. If you ever have more questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

As a new teacher, welcome.  You are already on a great start by searching out ideas. I hope you find some ideas on here helpful in planning your unit or year.  Please feel free to message me privately if you have any questions or need help with more details on anything you find on here.

That's going to be it for this post.  Comment below if you about how you are feeling about the start of this year.  Maybe even leave your goals for this year.  I'm excited to get started, it's going to be amazing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Two: Here we GO!